The End of Cosmology?

According to Scientific American, it’s coming. The fact that the Universe’s expansion is accelerating means that we gradually have less and less access to information about the Big Bang. This is true in principle, but it’ll take billions of years before there’s a significant loss of information.

I guess we should increase cosmology funding now: We need to find out all we can before the information goes away!

Ted Bunn

I am chair of the physics department at the University of Richmond. In addition to teaching a variety of undergraduate physics courses, I work on a variety of research projects in cosmology, the study of the origin, structure, and evolution of the Universe. University of Richmond undergraduates are involved in all aspects of this research. If you want to know more about my research, ask me!

3 thoughts on “The End of Cosmology?”

1. I do believe that the Cosmology will have its end. At the same time i truly support and encourage whoever wants to make a research about it since the information about the end of cosmology is still very little. I hope that somebody will contribute the fund so that the research about cosmology can be done.