Week 6: Completing Projects

During my sixth week at the MDAH, I ran into a small issue. I ran out of work. Since beginning at the MDAH, I have been working on various projects such as archiving pardons, minutes from the Pearl River Basin Development District (PRBDD), bridge photos by the Department of Transportation, and microfilm regarding statements of economic interest from the Ethics Commission. Throughout the week, I slowly finished up these projects while not being assigned a new project one.

As the week progressed, I realized I could no longer archive the photos because we ran out of protective sleeves. By Friday afternoon, I had finished archiving all the PRBDD minutes and created storage containers for the microfilm.  I feel very excited to have completed these projects and have enjoyed working on each of them. I am now left wondering what I will be working on during my final week at MDAH.

I am not sure what I will be doing next week but my supervisor has mentioned everyone going through the archives and each finding a document an interesting new document. It sounds like a fun scavenger hunt for historical documents. I think this would be a great way to learn more about the archives. One of the exciting things about working at the MDAH is that I am always surprised about what documents are stored and all the new I learn about Mississippi history and the functions the government.