week 8: Finale

This week was my last week at my internship, and I was quite busy. All the interns were asked to put together a presentation of what they did for the entire summer, which we were then going to present to the entire staff. I was a little bit nervous for this, because a good amount of the work that I did was running errands, helping out in various ways around the office, etc. The other interns were engineers from one of the best biomed engineering program in the country. They had some serious work to show off. I don’t take myself too seriously in general, and with the not so serious nature of my work I was worried that my presentation might make my work for this summer seem somewhat trivial. In the end though it worked out. The work that was serious I emphasized and made sure the value of it was apparent. For the other stuff I still showed off what I did, but I stayed true to myself and got some laughs during the presentation.

The value of what I did this summer was pretty high I think. I was busy, and even if most anyone could have done what I was doing for the most part, my being there freed up time for others, and my attitude around whatever task made it enjoyable for me to be there both for myself and my coworkers.

After the presentation us interns were given a couple really cool gifts, including an actual skull implant, and we also had a ping pong tournament on the conference table. It was a really good experience overall.