Experience a Black Hole!

As a portion of NASA’s informative and educational program, the organization has created a website for the Hubble Telescope, featuring satellite images directly from the Hubble Telescope, as well as interactive demos that allow individuals to simulate solar system events. One specific interactive program is the black hole simulator, which is incredible. “Experiencing a Black Hole” … The introduction video provides users with an educational presentation of the formation of black holes, the issues associated with them and the methods we can undergo to comprehend them. Among the many facets of physical geography, I believe that the availability of information to understand the solar system is extremely critical. Only a few, privileged individuals have had the opportunity to directly experience spaceĀ  and all of its phenomenons…with this website, individuals of all ages can come to understand the energy, time and process required to travel through space (and almost feel like you’re flying through space too!) The Black Hole simulation prompts users to consider all elements of space, ranging from the definitions of planets, stars and nebulae to estimating light years from earth and lightspeed required for travel. Since the solar system almost completely inaccessible for direct experiences, this website executes its mission of space education in an engaging manner.

3 thoughts on “Experience a Black Hole!

1. This is a great post! I previously had very little knowledge regarding the galaxy and black holes, but this site made them interesting to explore. I particularly enjoyed the interactive journey to the black hole. It was fascinating to be able to determine the light speed and then learn about what happens to your body as it gets warped in time when traveling through the depths of the black hole.

Overall very interesting and a great way to learn about the cosmos.

2. This website is very interesting and informative. I especially like the journey to the black hole and all of the other interactive features. It made learning about black holes very interesting and involved. I learned a lot about black holes and was a great way to learn about outer space and all of the cool things space has to offer.

3. This site is especially unique because it allows people to explore areas that cannot normally be seen. I really liked the “see the sky in different ways” feature because it gave different visual perspectives as well as visible features that normally could not be viewed unless you were a NASA researcher using the equipment they have. It was an almost game-like experience doing the “begin your journey” feature as you learned about different features of black holes as you have to select the right choice to continue the journey through a black hole. Great site overall.