Blog of the Week: These Chinese Cities have GDPs that Match Those of Entire Countries

For anyone interested in international economics, this is a truly fascinating post. Frank Jacobs explores 35 different Chinese cities with GDPs that are the same as entire countries. This post shows how much of an economic force China has become with city GDPs equal to major countries including Peru, Chile, and U.A.E.

http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/these-chinese-cities-have-gdps-that-match-those-of-entire-countries

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Blog of the Week: These Chinese Cities have GDPs that Match Those of Entire Countries

1. Daniel Scherzer says:

This is a really cool map that you found. It is very interesting that someone came up with the idea to compare the GDPs of Chinese cities and compare it with the GDPs of entire countries. I have seen a similar map to this, one in which each US state is labeled with a country of similar GDP, but I like this one better. My one critique of this map is that as an American, I have no idea what or where a majority of these cities are and my only knowledge of them is that they have a similar GDP to a certain country.