What has changed and what will never change: March 29

An XKCD comic I thoroughly enjoyed

The internet here is so incredibly frustrating, as you can tell by the fact that I keep bringing it up.

Mama says Popo is very sad and extra lonely because of what is going on. Side note: our crazy fundamentalist Christian relatives think this is the second coming of Christ. What’s up with that?

I’m glad I connected with Francesca (the only cousin in Italy I have a strong relationship with) and made sure she was doing ok. I think it’s funny that the rest of Italy is going crazy and she is completely fine staying inside for months. Sending her funny memes and texting her is great. Since we are in different time zones, it’s not endless, meaningless texts. I HATE TEXTING. One of the prompts Prof. Belt gave was to record how we are changing. My distaste for meaningless texting and Snapchat streaks will never change, no matter how isolated I get. But, Francesca and I have meaningful, slower conversations that actually hold value. She is such a gem.

Richmond Missed Connections, COVID memes, and progress on my push-ups are keeping me sane. I want to get more jigsaw puzzles, but I’m worried about how it will affect my grades. I should practice the violin again, but it would drive everyone up the wall with the noise. There are a lot of things I want to do or should do. Why am I not being proactive? I am creating a lot of excuses in my head and I am slipping into a lazy coma. Bad.