To be Selfish or Patient? Journal | April 14

The first of 4 puzzles I did during the quarantine.

By Caterina Erdas
The idea of the fall semester online brings a pit to my stomach. I feel really bad for the seniors who won’t have a proper graduation. I have never been a sentimental person who cares about rites of passages, but I understand its important for others. Can you imagine the disappointment and heartbreak if you were the first person in your family to go to college? Those poor souls, I hope the universe gives them something beautiful as compensation.

Personally, putting aside the self and focusing on the collective has been easier as time goes by. I miss my boyfriend so freaking much, but you get used to pain. A lot of my mourning about my time away from my boyfriend will be cut out of the published version because (1) It’s embarrassing and (2) No one cares. My parents were long-distance across the world for 2+ years after they got engaged. I can suck it up.

Over time, I feel like I am getting progressively more productive doing work. But, I did do a 750-piece jigsaw puzzle in one sitting. It’s a process.