At Reel Heroes, psychologist Scott Allison and writing expert Greg Smith provide an analysis of heroes in the movies. How well do heroes in movies follow the classic stages of the hero journey? Which movies excel in portraying an effective hero character, and which movies fall woefully short?
At Reel Heroes, you’ll find:
* A review of recent movies, showing you which movies have great hero characters and why.
* An analysis of which movies have effective villains, and what makes a great villain.
* Allison & Smith’s choices for Best and Worst Movies, along with the Best Movie Heroes.
Allison and Smith’s book Reel Heroes & Villains, describes a new way of understanding heroes and villains. The book includes:
· An innovative new classification scheme of heroes and villains
· The key to good characters in the movies: Transformation
· The Eight Great Arcs of Transformations in heroes and villains
· How heroes and villains transform morally, emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and physically
· How the hero’s journey differs from the villain’s journey
· 50 reviews of movie heroes and villains in 2014 & 15