Climate Time Machine

On the NASA website, I found a list of several interactive activities related to climate change, water cycles, and the solar system. In class, we have discussed different models portraying climate change and how the Earth is changing with climate change. This interactive activity gives a visual of how sea level rising could affect  the coasts in the US, the Amazon Delta, Northern Europe, and Southern Asia,  how arctic ice cover has diminished by about half since 1979,  how carbon emissions have increased in the past 10 years and the change in global temperature in the last 130 years. I found this website really helpful at understanding just what is happening on Earth. The pictures make the change seem even more real than other charts I have seen. I hope everyone can check it out!

http://climate.nasa.gov/interactives/climate_time_machine

One thought on “Climate Time Machine

1. Fantastic visuals! After seeing Georgetown, Guyana nearly swallowed by rising sea levels, I soon realized how other factors including rising global temperatures and carbon emissions only add to the destruction. Implementing emergency planning for low-lying cities such as New Orleans and Miami will be a must for the future.