List of tools covered in class:
Suggestion is to try 4k Downloader tool first for downloading media.
- 4k Downloader to grab content from YouTube
- Things to consider. For small clips, grab the High Definition (1080p). Want to start with higher res media and can always scale down. For large media, like a film or clip longer than 15 minutes, select High Definition (720p).
- Select: Mp4 format
- The tool will download the media to your computer.
- Works for YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and other sites.
- Download Helper
- It installs in your browser.
- The icon becomes color when you can download.
So what happens when these don’t work?
- Use QuickTime
- It allows you to record your screen.
- File -> New Screen Recording -> Click and Drag to select part of the screen.
- You can also capture the entire screen, but it will not capture the audio.
- Only Video. No Audio.
- To get audio, you’ll need an application called Soundflower. Try this.
- If you have a DVD drive on your computer, you can use this software to digitize the media.
- images.google.com click on Settings -> Advanced Search -> Image Size
- Creative Commons Search: https://search.creativecommons.org/
- pixabay: https://pixabay.com/
- Internet Archive: https://archive.org/
- Digital Public Library of America: https://dp.la/
- Wants images larger than 1024×768.
Where can I go for more help?
- Technology Learning Center
- Global Studio : Can digitize DVDs
- Need a movie? Email email@example.com
Organizing Data / Box
- Keep an original copy of your piece of media that is different from your edited version!
- File naming is important. Please use a consistent convention.
- Please save your data in our
- Consider making piece of media that you use a lot a “Favorite”.
- There is no storage limit. The max per a file is 15GB.