Our most enthusiastic, and focused cast member was sick today, leading to a different atmosphere at rehearsal. The three of us that were there a few minutes early had a discussion about different majors at UR and I got to learn a little about their lives which was fun. The cast member who was dealing with a family emergency last week was back this week, however, he informed us that his participation may be limited due to his son being in critical care in the advanced stages of a terminal illness. Hopefully he will be with us on the day of the performance, but we have a backup plan if need be. We went through the play with the people present, and then talked about logistics. I told them that the idea of having the kids come on stage before Puck’s final speech would have to be flexible, seeing as we don’t know how squirmy and out of control the other groups will be. To that they jokingly said they were grateful I had confidence in their ability to behave themselves… We also talked about the possibility of filling in for Act 4 if need be, which they were all happy to do. To that effect I told them I would bring at least one copy of that groups script so we could go over it next week. We decided that even if we don’t end up needing to fill roles it would still be a great opportunity to understand more of the play and get to know our characters. We look forward to next weeks rehearsal which will be our second to last time together before the performance.