This week we read through the script several time with our group to make sure that our edits didn’t detract from the integrity of the scene. After the Shakespeare purists among us were satisfied with our edits we assigned roles. I am very excited to announce that I will be playing moonshine in the play performed for the lovers. Our group read though our scene in character, which was a lot of fun, and made a plan to start blocking next week. It will be important to make sure that folks with multiple roles have time to switch costumes assume their other persona. During our work day on Tuesday we will most likely start thinking about blocking and props that we will need to obtain, such as a lions costume and a wall… It was great to meet our new participants this weekend and we look forward to having the whole crew present at our next meeting!
Day: October 1, 2015
Sorry for the late post. On this day we continued cutting the script with a focus on scene two due to how long it is and the long speaking parts of the characters. We also started talking about how we should go about casting and how many people we would need to conduct our act.
Today in class we finished cutting act 3 for now. After class we went to St. Joseph’s Villa for the first time. I was very surprised to find that it was not just one school building where all the classes were like I was expecting. The school is made up of many buildings that have different students in each one. I had never seen a school like this before seeing this one. Many of the students and faculty seem to be really excited about the play and the opportunity to be involved so we will see how it all comes together.
Last week, Molly, Allison and I attempted to meet with the students at John Marshall High School on Monday. However, because of the bike race and random meetings that had to be attended, we were unable to make our first appearance. We did confirm through email with our contact that we would be meeting the following Monday, September 28th, at our usual time.
During the work day on Thursday, our group finished cutting and editing the script for Act 4 and sent it along the finished copy to Dr. Bezio to be printed for Monday. We also brainstormed possible costume and prop ideas.