…And the World Spins Madly On…

The city awakens. Everything around us starts to move: lights turn on in buildings, cars stream over the bridge, and lonely pedestrians make their paths up the other side of the hill where we have placed ourselves, awkwardly still in the midst of motion. Even the sun has to get ready for the new day, and pushes himself up over the skyline. Besides our small band of intrepid explorers of the early morning hours, the only one who seems unhurried by the impending day is the James. He continues, as he always does, smiling up at us from where he makes his home.

We are still.       Our thoughts are busy.

Mine are busy with you.

I am full up with you. So full of who you were and who you are. I am proud of the ways you have grown and the things you have overcome. I see you working every day to do what is right and what is true. I can remember a year ago when you finally told me what was wrong and showed me how broken your heart was. I remember only wanting to stretch my arms so far around you that I could pull you all together. I just want to make you whole again. But all I could do was be there with you and listen and love you.

My thoughts are miles away with you in my
mind as I await the new day and all it holds.

This entry was posted in Reflection Spot. Bookmark the permalink.