BioShock Infinite ending

The ending of this game was extremely confusing and tripe, but that kind of makes sense because of the tone of the game. The first thing I thought about after the game ending is that Booker is Comstock when he chose to accept his baptism but if he didn’t end up doing it he stayed Booker. I am a little confused how killing just one of him got rid of all the Elizabeths except one make me a little confused, either just the Elizabeth from his time should disappear (but she didn’t) but all the other ones disappears. Besides that we find out that Elizabeth is Bookers daughter and that the Lutieses wiped bookers memories to make him forget that he gave away Anna because of his debts, that’s why ” bring us the girl and your debt will be repaid” keeps coming up. I am excited to see how the DLC starts the story especially since you are still supposedly playing as Booker. I also like the Easter egg to the underwater city in Bioshock 1 and 2 I also like how booker commented on it as “ridiculous”. Since I am still so confused about the ending of the game I am excited to take the discussion into class and see what the conversation brings us to.

4 Responses

1. Micaela Willoughby says:

I am so excited for the discussion tomorrow too. Like, I predicted Booker being Comstock early on, just because of the nature of the game, but I kinda joking because, in my opinion, it made zero sense. And now that it’s canon and I watched it play out… It still makes zero sense. Like… what? I did think the way Elizabeth lost her finger was really cool though, albeit… gruesome; something I should be used to at this point.

2. Alexander Clinton says:

I agree that the ending was confusing. However I think the big story lines endings made a lot of sense and when they cam full circle to explain things in the past as well. I think that there was some confusion left in the ending for players to debate and really try to figure out everything.

3. Wogan Snyder says:

The ending was extremely confusing for me as well. However, I think the game’s complex take on the manipulation of space and time definitely set its plot apart from that of other games, but I think there is also an argument to be made for the idea that the game would have been just as successful had the game just been about Booker settling a gambling debt.

4. Carson Clark says:

you’re right about the Comstock being booker. and again with the baptism split. The ending basically means that we ended the cycle of the booker ever existing and so Comstock could Never have been “born”. The DLC does continue your playing as booker but its basically Elizabeth just taking revenge on every Booker that gave her away. It just gets more confusing tbh