Bioshock Ending

I am disappointed that this game has to end, but I felt like it had a good ending and a good storyline overall. Instead of talking about the last parts of the game, I will talk about my overall experience with the game. Firstly, the storyline was amazing. I enjoyed all the interactions booker had with Elizabeth. There was a lot of times where I was wondering about Elizabeth’s past and how she played into stopping Comstock in the future. I was hoping that Elizabeth would be the one to kill Comstock instead of Booker. I felt like it would have been good justice considering she was trapped in the tower for so long. The one question I still have is how will Booker adjust to an alternate reality instead of being in his own. I would not feel so content with my life if I wasn’t in my own reality.

There were some other few things that bothered me about Bioshock Infinite. Firstly, the fight scenes were incredibly boring. I’m not sure how they could have improved them, but they were not entertaining at all. The enemies were sometimes displaced so far away that I could barely shoot them. The fight scenes got too repetitive. I find a place to take cover, I get up to shoot, I take cover again. This could drag on for minutes just to kill one boss. I hope that the other Bioshock games had better fight scenes. Another thing that disappointed me was the graphics. For its time, the graphics could have been more realistic looking. I am not completely sure if the developers did this on purpose or they just lacked the resources to make the game better looking.

I want to play something similar to Bioshock Infinite in the future because even though it has its flaws, it still is an amazing game with an amazing narrative.

6 Responses

1. Carson Clark says:

Yes the story is pretty crazy. Yes the fighting got really old really fast. But the graphics are like they are because it’ll age over time. In my humble opinion the cartoonish graphics will help Bioshock not be forgotten bc it tried to be over the top, and remain playable bc so. As for suggestions for games like Bioshock, id recommend The Last Of Us. Though I’ve never played it, its a great story with linear gameplay and I believe better fighting tactics.

2. Josephine Bossidy says:

I agree that the storyline as a whole made the game worth playing. After I finished the last scene and began to process all the twists and turns I was almost disappointed that the game had come to an end. An aspect of Bioshock that I particularly liked was although I didn’t always recognize it, there were hints throughout the whole game that added to the narrative. I think having these minor details makes me want to go back and almost play again to see what else I could pick up on.

3. James Bachmann says:

It would be interesting if they made Bioshock more like a Telltale game and less of the action based game we got. That would be awesome since choices would have an effect and they would be focused on the interesting part, the story. Similar to what Jeremy said, I was disappointed with the actual gameplay of the game. Otherwise, it was worth the time to play the game, even if I may not want to pick it up again, at least for a while.

4. Rachel Helbling says:

I definitely agree that the storyline was what made the game worth playing. Without the storyline keeping people interested, I don’t think as many people would have completed the game. The fighting was very annoying and I felt like it was getting in the way because I just wanted to know what was going to happen. For me, the ending was very interesting and unexpected. I think it was a good way to end the story. Even though it was a bit confusing, it made all of the gameplay to get there worth it.

5. Alexander Clinton says:

I completely agree that it was a disappointment for the game to end. I’m considering trying the other BioShocks. I not only think that this story was awesome the twists and turns it had. As you explained the Elizabeth Story line was so fascinating. I thought the graphics being so good for a 2013 were impressive, but the amount of thought and detail that was put into the story is awesome and the turns it took were really good.

6. Shanay Amin says:

I thought the game turned out to be pretty repetitive as well, every single fight scene was basically the same and even the boss battles didn’t change the mechanics much. I do think what kept me and most people playing this game was the storyline and how captivating it is, some people refer to it on youtube as a movie not a game !