Bioshock (11/7)

Through playing these scenes I learned a lot more about the background of the story. Which I am really enjoying. We learn more about the pasts of Booker and Elizabeth. We learn that Elizabeth is actually Comstock’s daughter in this section of the game but I am still confused why Booker was calling her Anna, and how he would know her. It doesn’t make complete sense. Also, we find out a tiny bit more about why Booker is sent to get Elizabeth. He needs to pay off a debt, but he still doesn’t give much detail. I am still unsure why he is called the false prophet and how they knew he was coming (like Elizabeth says). We also learn a little more about tears. We also see that they can actually help us significantly in the game. I feel like they will happen more and more often in the game from now on and have even more significance. I’m curious what else they can do and what will happen in the game because of them. I’m also kind of scared to see what bad things will happen to them, there is probably some kind of consequence. There still seems to be some major details that we are missing to find out the whole story, I’m excited to keep playing and try to find out more.

One thing that I didn’t really like about this section of the game was that there was a lot of fighting scenes and thats basically all it was. Not only was there a lot but they definitely increased in difficulty. I’m glad Elizabeth is there now to help me out in fights. I felt very relieved hearing that music signifying that the fight was over each time. I was really surprised when Elizabeth knocked me out at the end of this section because she was mad. She clearly wants things to happen her way. What I saw while I was waking up was very confusing to me and I wasn’t sure what was going on. After meeting Daisy I am interested to learn more about the Vox and see what impact they have. She seems like another important character and like Elizabeth, she is female, which is somewhat unusual for video games.

Finally, I am curious to see what the impact of the choice made in this section will have. we had to choose to either kill or spare slate. I choose to kill him because he made me fight so many people and I was annoyed. I am wondering if this choice will come back to hurt me later on and what would have happened if I would have spared him? Would he reappear in the game. Or like the others so far, this choice could have little effect in the game.