Bioshock Inf: Blue Ribbon-Battleship Bay (Micaela)

First, let me just say that I really like this game! It’s a lot of fun and I enjoy the scavenging aspect of it more than I thought I would. It’s awesome to find all the voxophones and piece together the perspectives (I got way more excited than I should have when I found one roasting Comstock, hate that guy). I also think Bioshock is extremely pretty, especially for an older game (though I have the remastered version that came in a bundle on ps4).

As for the gameplay, I hate the controls just a little bit. I’m playing on ps4, so this is really something I shouldn’t complain about, but the way to aim is really irritating to me. I’m so used to using L2 for aiming and I can’t get rid of the muscle memory. Also, I don’t really notice when I’m taking damage until I am pretty much dead. I think the shootouts are just so chaotic and loud that it distracts me from Booker’s wellbeing.

And finally, for the narrative, I think the “Colombia succeeds from the union and disappears into the clouds” plot is really interesting and I’m looking forward to reading more about that. Also: Elizabeth! All the foreshadowing finally came together when I saw her open a tear in her painting of Paris to an actual Parisian street. Also, all the things of hers that they had displayed (including a piece of cloth with menstrual blood on it :-/ ) were really creepy. Glad to get her out of there.

Q’s about the future: Is Elizabeth Comstock’s daughter? (She is the ‘lamb’ after all.) Where is her mother? What was done to her mother to make her that way? And what the heck is Booker dreaming about!?? And who is Booker taking Elizabeth to? I really hope we have her best interests in mind.

4 Responses

1. Carson Clark says:

The fact that I have already completed the game makes me want to answer all your questions, but then again some I am still asking myself now… Anyways the game is definitely beautifully colored and the graphics are quite good. The voxophones are very important as they can answer your in game questions and also provide history and background about Columbia, people, and aspects of life. There are many hidden details in the game so it is very very very very important to keep an eye out for them.

2. Alexandra Smith says:

I am playing on PC and am having a TON of issues with the controls; when taking fire, it takes me so long to move out of the way that I am basically dead by the end. As you said though, the plot keeps me interested. I just want to know what happens. The voxophones seem to appear right when I am frustrated to keep me going.

3. Wogan Snyder says:

I think the voxophones are an interesting touch too. I pretty much always listen to them when I find them and enjoy the additional background on the story. The voxophones also contain a fair amount of foreshadowing…

4. Jeremy Mednik says:

I think the idea of Elizabeth being comstocks daughter is an interesting theory. It would be a big plot twist since comstock is evil and Elizabeth appears to be good and innocent. The controls for me are still a little hard for me to adjust. I have died many times because I can’t navigate to a certain control in time. I can’t wait for the storyline to progress.