JSP #1: A Great Start

This week we began to meet with the children with whom we will be working on our scene with. The three students in the room were all great to meet, and seemed very interested in what we were doing. As we explained what the project was supposed to look like, they tossed out ideas and even brought up how they use robots in their classroom, and whether or not they could use those robots in their videos. We also had them watch a quick synopsis of what Much Ado About Nothing is about, in order to make sure that they understand the context of what the project will look like on their end. I know that COVID-19 will make this year different than previous years, but that being said, it doesn’t not mean that the project will be any less interesting. We have an opportunity to interact with kids and potentially teach them skills like recording and sound editing if they want to learn, and we in turn could learn about these robots that they are now being taught to use in class (I once took a Lego robotics class, I wonder if its anything like that). Anyways, I am extremely excited to work with my group members and with the students. If we can keep the positive momentum I saw on Monday, then I know that we will end up with a successful project.