Humility

I think that it is very important that Ruscio proposed the question “can our democracy survive a leader without humility?” He made some very valid points in which he discussed that humility is a necessity in being a good leader. He suggests that humility is not defined well enough and goes into depth of what humility means.

While reading this, I think humility is being overlooked by people. Ruscio also says how leaders are supposed to be firm and strong and humble doesn’t always make the list. He also says how humility is not a sign of weakness but people can sometimes view it that way. He argues that a good leader must have some level of humility in them. I agree with this because I think having some level of humility can make one a more effective leader. I don’t think it should be a sign of weakness but I do agree that it is being overlooked by most people.

1. Lindsey Frank Lindsey Frank

I agree with the point that Ruscio discusses important topics and examples of humility in order to better understand the validity of this trait. Along with that, I also made note that the trait humility often gets lost in the background behind authoritative traits like being strong, assertive, and powerful.

2. Reva Henderson Reva Henderson

I agree I think its very important for a leader to be humble. It makes their audience relate to them and see them as more human. Followers want to relate to their leader and trust them.