UPDATE: We had to make a number of changes to the fall schedule. The most important one for current and prospective physics majors is that we’re moving computational physics from fall to spring. In addition, instructors for some courses got shuffled around, and math methods moved from Tuesday-Thursday to Monday-Wednesday. Details below. Changes are marked in bold italics.
Here is our current plan for the schedule of physics courses for next fall. It may change, but probably not dramatically. Instructors’ names are listed in parentheses.
- PHYS 125: Elements of Physics. MWF 9:00-11:00 (Serej).
- PHYS 131: General Physics w/ Calc. I. Four sections:
- MWF 9-11 (Nebel).
- TTh 1:30-4:15 (Nebel).
- MWF 1:30-3:30 (Lipan).
- TTh 9-11:45 (Gilfoyle).
- PHYS 132: General Physics w/ Calc. II. MWF 1:30-3:30 (Serej).
- PHYS 205: Modern Physics. MWF 10:30-11:20 (Bunn).
- PHYS 215: Cancelled for fall. Moved to spring.
- PHYS 301: Mathematical Methods in Physics. MW 1:30-2:45 (Fetea).
- PHYS 309: Quantum Mechanics I. TTh 3-4:15 (Lipan).
- PHYS 397/398/497/498: Junior and Senior Seminar. W 4:30-5:30 (Beausang).
- IQS (Physics portion taught by Dr. Fetea).
- First-year seminar: “Space is Big.” MWF 3-3:50 (Bunn).
Let me know if you have questions about physics courses.