Arachnophonia: My Chemical Romance “The Black Parade”

Editor’s note: Arachnophonia (“Arachno” = spider / “-phonia” = sound) is a regular feature on our blog where members of the UR community can share their thoughts about resources from the Parsons Music Library‘s collection.

All links included in these posts will take you to either the library catalog record for the item in question or to additional relevant information from around the web.

Today’s installment of Arachnophonia is by student manager Deisy (class of 2024) and features My Chemical Romance’s 2006 album The Black Parade. Thanks, Deisy!

My Chemical Romance
The Black Parade

MCR Black Parade album cover

One of the most legendary bands of the Punk rock/ Rock world is definitely My Chemical Romance. MCR officially debuted in 2002 with I Brought You Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love, they later signed with another label which released their major hit album Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge.

MCR has many successful hits such as “Na Na Na,” “I’m Not Okay,” and “Welcome to the Black Parade” which are favorites among the fans.

Parsons Music Library has the album The Black Parade available for anyone to come listen to it. It has my top favorite songs which are “I Don’t Love You” and “Famous Last Words.” If you are looking to enter the Punk/Rock world, MCR is the place to go.