Week 6

This was definitely my favorite week by far. The kids completed all of the pictures and we had the majority of the script done so we thought that it would be a good idea to have some of the kids read the script and give us any feedback. One of the kids was SO excited to read the script and actually read the entire thing as a sort of rap. He had a smile on his face the whole time and kept saying how much he wanted to do it again which made us really happy and for the first time I actually felt like the kids wanted to be involved with it. I was also really impressed at his ability to read so quickly and coherently. I have volunteered at Youth Life in the past with similar age kids and many of them had trouble with their reading skills and don’t enjoy it so it was really inspiring to see this student share such a joy and passion for it.

I also really like the dynamic of my group as a whole. I believe that we make a really good team and have done a good job at managing the craziness of meeting virtually. I am excited but a bit sad for our last meeting with the students as I have enjoyed working with everyone. We are hoping to get them to record a bit more so that their voices can be included too.