Event post #3

About a couple weeks ago I attended a talk for my Russian class called; Putin’s Nostalgia for the Soviet Union and it was run by Paul Josephson. It was super interesting and made me think about how similar Trump is to Putin. During the talk, Josephson kept mentioning that Putin was a charismatic leader just like many would say Trump is. He said that Putin is very infatuated with his appearance stood out to me the most. There are numerous pictures on the internet of him doing exotic things to make him appear perfect. He is pictured taming things in the wild and refers to himself as the “tiger whisperer”. I thought this was really weird and I would be amazed if a president in America ever did this. I don’t think Trump cares about his appearance as much as Putin but like Putin, Trump attracts some extremists. The youth have a cult-like love for Putin and I think we see this in some youth in America for Trump as well. Overall I enjoyed the talk and learned a lot more about Russia then I knew before.

Be First to Comment