Event #2

One of the events I went to was a slave burial ritual. The event took place at a famous slave burial site under a bridge  on October 17, 2019. When I first arrived they gave me a pair of headphones to wear throughout the event. We listened to music that didn’t sound like music we listen to nowadays. There were also other people who were part of the event playing instruments like the drums. Right before the event started a lady who had what looked like a smoking torch was performing some sort of cleansing act by waving the smoke around the people attending the event. When the event started the people were all dressed and white and they started by looking up at other people dressed in white on the bridge. The people on the bridge were pointing and looking in the air. I wasn’t sure what was going on at this point. They then proceeded to start what looked like ritualistic behavior under the bridge. They carried this behavior all the way around the opposite side of the bridge and up the stairs around the corner. The behavior consisted of dancing and switching focus to other people dancing. The experience was very interesting and looking forward to going to more.

Be First to Comment