Beyond red and blue

I thought this essay was very interesting. It brought up food points about democracy and the state of our government today. I found it very interesting that he brought up how our government has changed over the years and is not as efficient as it use to be.

The government today is very polarized. This is a problem when someone tries to pass legislation. I found the comparison of the political parties to sports team very effective because it seems like each side is trying to win now, not help the people out. I agree that in order to have a better government and society there needs to be change. Our democracy was created in a different state of society and changes need to be made. We can not live in the past and except it to work for the future.

1. Richard Bell Richard Bell

You bring up an interesting point that it seems as if sides are trying to win instead of help people. It would be much more useful for everyone if they found a balance in their ideals.

2. Kendall Duffy Kendall Duffy

I also found it interesting how the reading brought up how our government has changed over the years and it is not as efficient as it used to be. I also agree that in order to have a better government and society there needs to change. I liked how you said, “We can not live in the past and expect it to work for the future.” I thought this was a very interesting point and I totally agree with you.