Women’s Rights

In the article Would Women Lead Differently, it says “women’s leadership has been linked with enhancing world peace, reducing corruption, and improving opportunities for the downtrodden”(Schein 162). This quote relates to the women’s fight for equality within the other readings and how women nationwide came together to solve inequality in order to dissolve the inferiority in comparison to black men. Oftentimes, we see women lead social movements and protests against or supporting various topics that are of great social and political importance.

I liked how the article Ways Women Lead dove into the idea that women utilize different strength’s within themselves in order to be successful as leaders instead of dissecting and mimicking the methods of male leadership. Having a different style of leadership implements a fresh perspective and can create an impact on the amount of success a group can have. I found it interesting when the article described the male form of leadership as transactional and the woman form as transformational. Which makes sense when you think about marches led by women and how it boosts the morale of the group as a whole as well as allowing members to feel like they have power to make a substantial impact in what they believe in.

1. Sean Bailis Sean Bailis

I also found the points about the different ways that women lead interesting because I think it is important to acknowledge that men and women are just different, and I think that those differences can change how one would go about leading. I personally think both have the same ability to transactional or transformational.

2. Samuel Senders Samuel Senders

I really enjoyed reading the article as well and thought it made a series of excellent points. I found it very interesting the concept of the glass ceiling as well as maternity leaves were holding so many women back from positions of leadership in business positions. I also found it very interesting how men are gender-biased in hiring whereas women are not. We need to get past this bias to hire the most capable person

3. Kendall Duffy Kendall Duffy

I liked that article as well. I thought it was very interesting how it gave strengths in different areas according to their gender. I totally agree with you on the fact that women leading marches boosts the morale of people and the group.