Women Rights

An important statement in the first documentary was said when one lady was mentioning her time during freshmen year in college. It stated that women were given the right to vote and at first I did not see anything wrong with this statement but then she began to explain how women fought for their rights and by doing so they earned the right to vote. Also during the documentary, it mentions 2 famous women, Anthony and Stanton, and they were in London to advocate for the slavery movement but weren’t granted an entrance. The reason for not being allowed in was the fact that they were women, and this kick started the Women Rights Movement. 

There is a big argument that strikes my attention and that is how would our world be different if women lead instead of men. I think our world wouldn’t be much different. In my opinion I think that things would be more restrictive and laws would be a lot more implemented because thats how women perform jobs. I also think that whatever they would tell their followers would for the most part get accomplished and there would be as much finagling. Men today definitely try to find loopholes in the system and are able to get past certain rules. 

1. Ryan Leizman Ryan Leizman

I think it’s difficult to say how life would be different with women as leaders because it’s unfair to assume that an individual will do everything that is expected of their gender. I think it’s dangerous to assume that life would be more restrictive or more peaceful with women as leaders, because this doesn’t acknowledge the uniqueness of every person.

2. Jesse Chiotelis Jesse Chiotelis

You brought up some very interesting points here including pivotal moments in the Woman’s Rights Movement and what would life be like in the face of female leadership. I was really intrigued by your mention of how ” Men today definitely try to find loopholes in the system and are able to get past certain rules. “. I wonder why this is? Maybe because they have never been subject to real punishment for not following the rules or disrespecting the system.