5 Rule

In these moments of the last couple of weeks I feel like my body and mind have not been in the same place no matter how much I try and pull them together. I have had to really try and make myself present in situations. Yes, I would be there for the moment but as soon as my mind starts to wander off I am gone for good. Life has been thrown at me these last couple of weeks but I continue to have positive thoughts. I continue to say a quote to myself everyday: “If it is not going to matter in 5 min, 5 weeks, 5 months or 5 years .. why stress over it?” That turns my mindset around and then that turns my full day around. I take my min. everyday that I can! It is always something that reminds me to do it and I really wish I had this when I was physically active in school. “Stressed To The Max” was my nickname at one point in school. I was in overload for my last 2 semester and I feel like I still am. Granted I do not have 24 credits this semester but balancing work, School, rehearsal and a life outside of that is hard. But, always doing my best. 

Previous

MK assignment

Next

But Has It Really Changed?

1 Comment

1. Melisa Raja Gopal

Hey, I love that mantra “If it is not going to matter in 5 min, 5 weeks, 5 months or 5 years .. why stress over it?”

I’ll add in a quote from a reading a friend of mine shared with me “Life has always seemed to me like a plant that lives on its rhizome. Its true life is invisible, hidden in the rhizome. The part that appears above ground lasts only a single summer. Then it withers away – an ephemeral apparition… What we see is the blossom, which passes. The rhizome remains.

This too, shall pass.

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén