TAXI: Diamond Cab (Osman): 804-426-9556
CCE: Brittany’s cell: 804-922-2391
LOCATION FOR CLASSES @ UR
Booker Hall 315.
Door Code: 8216#
LOCATION FOR CLASSES @ VCU
VCU Dance Center
10 N. Brunswick St.
Across from parking lot on 1315 Floyd Ave.
For details on location and parking: https://maps.vcu.edu/monroepark/dancecenter/
LOCATION FOR CLASSES/REHEARSALS/PERFORMANCE @
ANCESTRAL AFRICAN BURIAL GROUND AND RICHMOND CITY GALLOWS HISTORICAL SITE
Ancestral African Burial Ground and Richmond City Gallows Historical Site
If you are on foot, there is an entrance on E. Broad just passed N. 16TH St.
- GPS Address: 214 North 17th Street parking lot.
- Directions: This parking lot is across the street from an Exxon station. Once you park/get dropped off here, walk through the parking lot on the other side, and under the overpass. You will be walking away from the Exxon. Once you pass underneath the underpass, you will be in another parking lot, with the back of the train station to your left. Walk through this lot until you reach the tunnel on your right. This is our entrance to the Burial Grounds. A historic site, poorly referred to as Lumpkin’s Jail, will also be on you left. Please always feel free to call or text me if you feel lost.
- Map: A map to the African Ancestral Burial Ground parking is available at this link.It is also available in the VCU class google folder.
- Parking: There is plenty of free street parking within walking vicinity. There is also Pay to Park at the GPS parking lot provided. There is a low fee for parking here.
- If you have you own car and you are willing to drive yourself: The CCE will reimburse the students for mileage and parking. You will need to keep their receipts and note the start and end addresses for their trips (you will not need to record the mileage in your car – a Google Maps estimate is fine). Students should send parking payment receipts (a photo is fine) and mileageto firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to take a Zipcar: Please fill out this online form asap. You will receive a response from the UR transportation office.
- If you would like to take a taxi: The CCE has taxi vouchers available for students. Please email email@example.com for a taxi voucher. Please note that this a physical voucher that you will have to arrange to pick up from Brittany at Tyler Haynes Commons prior to your trip.