2019 VA Pridefest

*WARNING* personal content

I went to the VA pride fest with my friend, McKenna. It was a HOT Saturday, but it was definitely worth going. As I talked about in my second presentation, I don’t really know what I constitute myself as and I honestly have come to terms with that. I don’t think I necessarily have to choose, but obviously, I’m leaning towards the “BI” word. The thing is, most of my close friends and my sister knows and they all support me, but my mom would not be as supportive. It’s not that she wouldn’t love me, it’s just that she is religious and that whole side of my family is VERY Catholic and probably could never find out. I just feel that there would be LOTS of judgement and I do not need that, especially from the people I love the most. Whenever I attend these festivals or ally meetings to support LGBTQ+ community, I always think about those families who don’t support their children and honestly, it’s mind boggling. As I think about these topics, I realize that I should be more proud to be an ally, but also a possible member of the LGBTQ community??? As I said, I don’t really know, and I think it’s okay to not know. Thanks for coming to my TED talkĀ