Final Project Topic Proposal: Analyzing how Dutch DJ Genius, Martin Garrix, became “The World’s #1 DJ”.  

8 Mar

Despite the title not meaning much to Martin, I will be focusing on how the extremely young star found his success and what it means to be a genius in the electronic dance music world. Martin Garrix is 24 years old and has performed a total of 524 times, including a performance at one of the largest EDM festivals at the age of 17. Being a fairly new genre of music, I will focus on Martin’s musical production process as well as the chaotic life of travel and performing involved with the electronic dance genre.

One Reply to “Final Project Topic Proposal: Analyzing how Dutch DJ Genius, Martin Garrix, became “The World’s #1 DJ”.  ”

1. I see that you’re aiming for this project to fall under the “genius” category. But it looks like you’re pursuing a biographical, fan-based approach to this artist instead of examining his career in EDM through an analytical lens. Remember that the notion of genius is something we had critiqued in class; if there is no critique present, then you probably won’t be meeting the assignment’s guidelines.