Event Response #3

Earlier this semester I went to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts where they sectioned off a part of the museum for a Roman exhibit. The exhibit was pertaining to the eruption of Mount Vesuvius and the effect that it had on the city of Pompeii. The exhibit had a variety of Roman artifacts from paintings, to sculptures, to the technology they had during the time period. I had taken Latin throughout high school which is what interested me in the exhibit. The detail and craftsmanship in each of these individual artifacts were incredible. The Romans for their time period were so advanced and ahead of their time with the technology they had invented. The Romans were the ones who had invented running water and drainage systems. Last year over winter break I had the privilege of going to the Roman Baths and witnessing the complexity of these drainage systems and it was extremely impressive. I was extremely happy to have had the opportunity to have gone to the museum and witnessed the amazing pieces of art and artifacts. The complexity and detail placed into them was astonishing.

Be First to Comment