20th Century Vietnam Protest Movement

The Vietnam War, in its entirety, was indescribably terrible. It is just unthinkable to me that the US can have blatant and constant disrespect for minorities and people who are poor, all in all the “others” in the eyes of the government. Anyone who is not them. And this is amplified along with the amount of money that it will cost or give them. I feel like, throughout my school career, I rarely heard much about the Vietnam War, especially in respect with the governments hand in things. Other than learning about PTSD and things that have happened to US soldiers as a result of it. But never about the protest nor about all the things that happened there. Everything I did learn came from outside sources.

My grandfather actually served in Vietnam, and if he were alive today I wish I could understand more about his experience with that. How he got involved and what he experienced there. I also wonder, with all the things in the past that the government has done, what are they still doing today that is not being spoken about. Most of the things, that I am sure do exist, probably can’t be seen or understand by us because we are all privileged in a sense since we all are in at a university. How do we change that?

Be First to Comment