Women leadership

The video was truly fascinating I though. Throughout my education, we never learned about the suffrage movement in must detail so it was all new information. I had no idea that the fight took so long I thought that Susan B. Anthony was by far the most prominent figure in the suffrage movement, but it turns out there more women involved. This was shocking just because it is something that I have never been taught. I think that I often take the right to vote lightly and sometimes don’t do it at all, just because I’m too lazy to walk to the Alumni Center. I think that this video gave me a new appreciation of the effort that went into the right to vote for women as well as men. I voted in the election today and it was so easy, I can’t believe there was a time in history where I couldn’t have filled in those bubbles just because of my gender. The whole idea just seems so far fetched. This paved the way for women becoming more involved in society as well as becoming leaders, though we still don’t get paid the same as men. Women can be CEOs or astronauts there really isn’t anything we cant do if we try hard enough which again I think that I take for granted. I have opportunities that women 5o years ago did not and that i very important to me. I want to be able to make the most out of my opportunities and try and fight the sexism that still exists today.

One Comment

1. Leah Kulma Leah Kulma

I think your point about voting rights paving the way for women echoes the what the video said about how much gaining the right to vote really did. It was just the first step in the continuous, long battle of equality for women.