Women & Leadership

These readings really made me mad. I just don’t understand why people still have an issue with the whole idea of equality and merit based moving up within leadership it really isn’t that complicated. All you have to do is look at a candidate and realize hey they are just a person it doesn’t matter what the heck their gender is in fact it means so little in today’s workforce because of the internet people can honestly work from home more often than not, but no just because he’s a man he gets the job it’s literally the dumbest thing ever.

In regards to the article and viewing these really make me concerned for humanity as a whole. the longer and longer we go like this makes me wonder if we will ever reach a point of equality for everyone in today’s political and social climate. I’m not a pessimist but it’s almost like we need another war of sorts to spur another movement of inequality or at least some rallying momentous step forward like space colonies or something along those lines.  I just don’t get it people are people no matter who they are love and respect them for that. period.

1. Megan Geher Megan Geher

I understand and agree with the notion that we as a society should progress to a point where everyone is truly equal regardless of class, race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality etc. I agree that this will be almost impossible to achieve, even through an optimistic lens. However, in order to work towards true equality, I think that it is crucial to recognize the marginalization of certain groups in order to really move forward.

2. Micaela Willoughby Micaela Willoughby

I fully agree. It IS concerning that humanity can’t seem to break away from this habit of grouping people together, of choosing those most similar to them, of acknowledging certain groups as better and others as worse. Even now with supposed equality… racist and sexist systems are still in play and are so deeply ingrained in our society. Legislature isn’t enough to escape it, and we read/watched that today.

3. Ethan Ng Ethan Ng

I also agree it is hard to move forward in society and learn about gender equality when the basis of it is already structured to put women and minorities at a disadvantage. As Schein explains, the idea that there are differences is ingrained in our society and our culture. This is more based on their experiences and it displays a cycle of inequality.