Tyranny is Tyranny

I found this article very interesting in that it gave a whole new perspective on how our country was founded. While reading Zinn’s article it goes into detail on how these wars were calculated and thought out carefully. I thought it was very interesting because I feel like I haven’t been taught the true meaning of the American Revolution and how it started and by reading this article it definitely clears it up.

Zinn also goes into how wealth was a big factor. The article shows how the poorer people have to work harder for wealthy goods while wealthy people are the ones benefiting from this and not the poor people.

1. Anna Marston Anna Marston

I also enjoyed this article in regard to the disclosure of America’s founding; growing up, I was always taught that it was a revolutionary and exciting sequence of events. However, with further examination, we realize that the foundings of America resulted in much more poverty and death than we’d expect.

2. Richard Connell Richard Connell

It was very interesting to show how the poorer people have to work for wealthier things. This seems like a very simplistic idea but wealthier people still benefit from this.

3. Lindsey Frank Lindsey Frank

I agree that this article shined light on how our country was truly built and exposes more meaning behind the American Revolution as a whole.

4. Jason Neff Jason Neff

I agree that this article really showed what really happened in the American Revolution and that it puts a whole new perspective in mind when thinking about American history.

5. Alexandra Smith Alexandra Smith

I agree that this article told the story of the American Revolution from the different and more honest perspective of class and wealth motivations, but isn’t this basically how a lot of things happen? Aren’t there always benefits in our world to those with wealth? And, is having that privilege inherently evil? I don’t think so.

6. Eyga Williamson Eyga Williamson

I agree that Zin’s article reopened the revolution in a way different from how I viewed it originally. His discussion of the political influences of the revolution allowed for both a deeper analysis and alternative exploration of the revolution that I believe was extremely valuable. I think this article successfully challenges history, or perceptions of history, and it is this critical thinking that advances society.

7. Hannah Levine Hannah Levine

I agree with your point about how you feel like you haven’t been taught the true meaning of the American Revolution. We tend to remember the Revolution as all good, but in fact there were many problems with how the United States built up the support to defeat England, like the poor being exploited for the benefit of the wealthy.