Transactional Versus Transformational Leaders

Ethan Ng

Transactional leadership and Transformative leadership are the two categories under which relationships between leaders and followers are defined. After reading the texts I learned that Transformative leaders move beyond their immediate interests and elevate the group, this reminded me of citizen leaders who come from within in order to elevate a group and the Transactional leadership is more of a deal. The followers will give something in order to get something out of a leader, Its the idea of an exchange of services which empower both groups and their needs.

I believe that transformative leadership is something that is more effective in these groups because it inspires other leaders within the group which can create a strong lien of leaders behind a cause which ultimately will make them more powerful as a group.

1. Caleb Warde Caleb Warde

I agree that transformational leadership seems to be more effective in a lot of circumstances, but in a pure market economy that it is actually the least effective method of leadership. but because humanity has feelings that makes transformational leadership more effective.

2. Angel Burgos Angel Burgos

I also agree that transformational leadership is more effective because of its personal qualities. However, it really does just depend on the situation to decide which form of leadership would be more effective.