Uncategorized

Personal Contribution

For the first week of my internship it was hard to balance meeting new people and learning new skills while also being virtual. There were some points where I was just thrown into a project that I didn’t have a lot of guidance on and was expected to delivery pretty quickly. But I realized that the point of that was to force me to reach out to people I never meant and make introductions and ask for their help. While I was a little overwhelmed, it felt good to be productive, network, and learn new skills. In just the first day I had talked to over 3 executives at different ad agencies getting their input on a Video Buyers Guide report that the OAAA is planning on publishing in the next month. Additionally that week I was able to create my own report on cannabis advertising where I researched the controversy of cannabis in the advertising industry and why its becoming more popular. This report was published in the Advertising Week 360 and contributed to the OAAA’s media content for their members. It was intimidating to write a report on something I wasn’t super knowledgeable about but it ended up being a great project that I really enjoyed. It was great to be able to participate in and contribute to the OAAA’s media team. Also during my first week I was able to participate in their Webinars. The first one was about Cannabis issues in out of home advertising in certain states. It was really interesting to hear from various people and their views on the matter. Many view the cannabis industry and the legalization of it as a win for both states and advertising but because the of stigma surrounding cannabis it is still highly controversial. In reflecting on my first week I would say that I have learned and done more than what I expected. Being able to meet and talk with people high up in the out of home industry was definitely a highlight of the first week. I am looking forward to the next coming weeks and the work that I will be able to do with the rest of the OAAA marketing team.