Course Policies

11108192773_63f39ca539_zTHE HONOR CODE

All work submitted for a grade must include the shortened honor pledge, typed out in full, and your signature. I will report any violation of the Honor Code directly to the Honor Council.
The Honor Code Statutes include seven areas that the Honor Council may adjudicate. These include lying, cheating, plagiarism, academic theft, registration irregularity, disclosing Honor Council information, and failure to report a violation. For more information about the rules and procedures see “The New Student Guide to the Honor System” posted on our BB site.

ATTENDANCE AND PARTICIPATION
            Attendance is expected at all class meetings. I have also scheduled a field trip to the VMFA on Monday, October 5th from 12 to 1:30 pm. If you must miss a class, please let me know in advance. More than three unexcused absences will affect your grade.
Your regular participation in class discussions is required. I will guide discussion and may call on you to contribute throughout the semester. What is important to remember is that your contributions are valuable for everyone. This doesn’t only mean knowing the answers to my questions (although that helps), it also means pursing the questions at hand. Your own questions contribute to the discussion, and can range from the simple, direct question, “What does ____ mean?” asked for clarification, to the broader question of Why? or How? that will move our discussion in a new or more profound way.

ACCOMMODATIONS FOR DISABILITIES
          If you believe you have a disability requiring an accommodation, please contact an advisor at the Office of Disability Services as soon as possible. If you have a University of Richmond Disability Accommodation Notice (DAN), please let me know as soon as possible. I am happy to work with you to ensure that we meet your accommodation.