Isabel Reed

I have traveled to cities in North America, Europe, and Asia and I enjoy visiting museums, going to restaurants, and shopping. However, I have had my best experiences abroad on foot and I have always enjoyed hiking with my family and friends. As a result, I chose to embark on backpacking trips throughout the United States and around the world;  I have had genuine conversations with locals and learned why these places and regions are meaningful to them and their country.  Exploring the “beaten path” or the “road less traveled” has provided me with  experiences in urban and rural settings, enhancing my position as a global citizen, strengthening my understanding and appreciation for cultures other my own, and I have gained a cohesive understanding of cultural practices in other countries. Learning about the physical environment while hiking has enabled me to gain a greater respect for spending time outdoors, and I hope that I am able to pursue hiking and backpacking as a hobby and ultimately hike Mt. Kilimanjaro.

Here is my Story Map