Taylor’s Storymap

I believe that traveling is the best way to become a global citizen because it gives you the opportunity to physically, emotionally, and spiritually interact with persons from around the world. This story map will narrate a trip that I took to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and The Bahamas in the summer of 2013. The trip was the first time I had ever travelled outside of the United States and immediately became one of the most influential experiences I have had in my life. Viewing how people live in areas outside of the United States was something I saw constantly on the television and in magazines, but it was not until I lived it did I truly see the connections and differences that persons from around the globe share. Sharing experiences with people from other areas than me became one of my most cherished hobbies because it constantly reminds me of how incredibly diverse our world is. I look forward to travelling to more far-away places in the future and emerging myself into their daily lives. For example going to Southeast Asia to witness first-hand the effect industrialization has had on the local environment and people would be incredible. I believe that learning of different people, cultures, and practices not only adds to what you know but may also change some beliefs that you previously held.