Peter’s StoryMap– Why I Want to Live Abroad

Why I Want to Live Abroad

I have always been fascinated  by the amazing places this world has to offer, and in the last few years I have decided I simply must find a way to live abroad. Through my family, I have met so many awesome people from all around the world and I feel that now is the perfect time to cash in on those favors and go stay with them. For some context we used to live in Belgium and we always had au pairs from the same area of Denmark, who would stay with us on their gap years before going to university.

Though I was too young to remember much of Belgium, we always had our old au pairs come visit us with families of their own, and all of them invited me to join them in Europe if it was ever possible. The biggest pull for me to live and work abroad was my experience studying abroad in Prague last fall. I had an amazing experience living in a new country, and every day was an adventure. So when my internship turned into a job opportunity, I was eager to ask about the possibility to be relocated to the Geneva office.