Lily’s StoryMap

This is an introductory StoryMap of me that shows my “global citizenship”. With the process of globalization, places are getting nearer and more interdependent on one another. We are all global citizens in this information era, but for me in particular, I’d like to choose traveling as my theme to show my international aspect.

Among the 12 countries or districts I’ve been to, I picked seven locations in this map which has significant influences on my identity: my cultural background, my hobbies, my dream, my important transition point or my future orientation. It’s also a map of my life path – how I physically moved around and how these places marked some special occasions in my life.

On the way of becoming a world traveler and a geographer, my dream is to travel to every corner of this planet and become as much geographic-literate as I can: to study different languages and cultures all over the world. Life is a journey, and I’ll be always on my way traveling to the next stop. This map just serves as brief summary of the start of my journey – the life path of a global citizen growing more global.