Keaira Clark’s Storymap

I have been playing soccer for 15 years and the game has taught the importance of having a team member mentality. Every time I compete, I know that I have to bring my best attributes in order for the team to succeed. Metaphorically, the world is a team that is built on the framework of the individual players called cultures. Every culture has a unique way of life and can contribute their attributes to other cultures to create a more dynamic world. The only way that that this can happen lies on the backs of the global citizen. Being a global citizen enlist the responsibility that I will be a spokesperson for my culture, while trying to incorporate other ways of life. Soccer has given me the opportunity to fulfill the duties of a global citizen by being a diplomat to other members around the world. With soccer I have eaten Snickledoodles in Germany, danced the meringue in Costa Rica, enjoyed the sea life of Croatia, and shared my dancing skills in London. All of these actions were memorable and gave me an aspect of their culture that I wear proudly on my sleeve. Furthermore, these events contribute to the success of the global community, because each individual culture gave an important feature  and intertwine with other members that are simultaneously offering their traits.