Ellen’s Storymap

In my few short years, I have traveled to (technically) 7 countries, learned a foreign language, and learned to appreciate new cultures and environments. Since a young age I fell in love with traveling, beginning with the trips my family would make in the summer camping in the woods of New Hampshire and Maine or winters exploring the Florida nature. I have learned that the world has countless possibilities to offer and travel provides a great way to learn more about the world in a very direct and memorable manner. In every place I have been, I have appreciated the location’s culture as a way to shape my own being. I believe that through my travels I have taken something from each place I have been to, from a love of exploring new foods (and of course coffee) to applying the sense of adventure many global citizens feel. I doubt my desire to travel the world will ever slow down, and I wish to apply this goal to understand more about the shift of cultures with the Westernization of the world. Though the places I have been share many similarities, they vary in so many interesting in amazing ways. The places I have chosen for this project exemplify the sense of adventure, often nature-orientated, which I idealize.