6 thoughts on “ABBY MAXWELL’S PRESENTATION

• April 19, 2020 at 10:20 pm
    Permalink

I appreciate the distinctions you made between sexual assault and sexual violations, Abby. You put a lot in there. Thank you for your presentation!

• April 20, 2020 at 2:14 pm
    Permalink

Abby, this was an exceptionally nice design you chose. I like the fact that you point out that sexual trauma is not about just one incident. I tend to forget that one, myself. Your slide on the trauma visited upon children is a key point. Children don’t have the tools to cope with such trauma. Later, it could lead to drug abuse. I was shocked at the states on the percentages of incarcerated women who have been traumatize by assault and abuse. Whew.

• April 20, 2020 at 3:11 pm
    Permalink

Thank you for expanding on this topic. It was definitely one of the issues that drew me to this course in the first place. I was also shocked by the statistics you provided. Great job!

• April 20, 2020 at 7:34 pm
    Permalink

Thank you so much for your perspectives! I did a lot of similar research but I love that because we both bring unique information to the table. I really liked how you included common coping mechanisms such as numbing, internalizing, and externalizing, as this knowledge could be so useful to trauma-informed care for women facing sexual trauma in prison.

• April 21, 2020 at 9:09 am
      Permalink

I agree! I really liked the perspective and inclusion of the coping mechanisms.

• April 21, 2020 at 9:08 am
    Permalink

Visually this was definitely one of my favorite presentations. I had never seen a powerpoint like that and am almost jealous I didn’t use it!

I almost did this paper topic so I was super excited to read yours and I think you did an awesome job of covering the myriad of angles of this issue.

css.php