Wu Tang on the Record

Illinois Senate Republican leader Christine Radgono reads a letter from Raekwon out loud in the Illinois state house.  The way she so fluently pronounces Raekwon and Wu Tang Clan tells me that Senator Radgono is a lifetime hip hop fan.

Have to applaud her sense of humor.  It’s actually interesting to me that some Republicans on the national stage have attempted to create the impression that they embrace rap, too.  I’m thinking specifically of that creepy Eric Cantor interview on 60 Minutes in which his kids reveal that their dad is super-cool and listens to rap.  Cantor himself, equally fluent in hip hop speak, said “I do the Wiz Khalifa stuff and Jay-Z, and Lil Wayne.”  The image of Cantor bobbing his head to Lil Wayne is both funny and disturbing since Lil Wayne is one of the grossest, raunchiest rappers out there.  Wrap your head around Cantor listening to “Gonorrhea,” for example.

Thanks to Rene Bryce-Laporte for the heads up on the Wu Tang letter.

One thought on “Wu Tang on the Record”

1. yeah….. Eric Cantor and Lil’ Wayne, I don’t have words for that image. I do however agree with Wu-Tang being discussed in the senate. We should remember those infamous words of the ODB “Wu-Tang is for the babies.”