Fionna Poon

From this conference, I learned that we as Asian Americans haven’t had a cultural revolution of our own yet. We need to take charge and begin one. We haven’t established ourselves in the U.S. unlike our other counterparts. I gained some perspective that I need to make my town and the University of Richmond aware of the diversity of Asian cultures on campus and at home. I benefitted from networking with others across the country in the hopes that we can join forces and bring cultural awareness to society. It is the responsibility of Asian American youths in spreading awareness. The steps I would take would be to extensively promote Asian Heritage Month on campus. Also continue to be an active participant and executive member of Asian Student Union. I would provide workshops and cultural performances to promote the diversity of Asian cultures in the Richmond community. When it comes time for organization fair next year, I will continue to promote ASU to a greater extent as an organization for everyone of any race who have an interest in Asian cultures.

Fionna Poon