some additions

Hey guys,ok so hannah sent me a mapped out version of the plot forwards that she did (trying to figure out how to put it up on here, stay tuned) and it’s really great. However, I think we need to specify a lot more. I agree with Chelsea that the interaction between Bassanio and Antonio is one of the first actions of the play but i’m not quite sure if it is the first one. It seems odd that the first action is not until the second part of the first scene. There has to be a reason why he begins with Antonio, Salarino and Salanio talking.In terms of plot splits Portia’s story (all her suitors and her relationship with Nerissa) is definitely one, Jessica and Lorenzo (??) could be another one, but i feel like all the other splits get all tangled up. Antonio, Bassanio and Shylock continue to come together throughout the play so does that mean that we have splits that come back together and then split off again and come back together? CONFUSING! what do you all think?

One thought on “some additions”

1. I definitely think that the first forward is the fact that Bassanio is in love with portia… I also think we are gonna have a bit of a conflict with all of these posts… i think the only way we can really do this in a reasonable fashion is to post our own findings with Backwards and Forwards and compare them… it’s kind of impossible to divvy it up… So I will post my personal findings and compare it with what you all have.

-PJ