Information on the Federal Reserve:
- O’Brien, Matt. “Yes, the Federal Reserve Has Enormous Power Over Who Is President.” The Washington Post. <https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/01/13/yes-the-federal-reserve-has-enormous-power-over-who-is-president/?utm_term=.1b7eb0abc58a>
- Irwin, Neil. “The Federal Reserve Was Created 100 Years Ago. This Is How It Happened.” The Washington Post. <https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/12/21/the-federal-reserve-was-created-100-years-ago-this-is-how-it-happened/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7d2ba0ae8d2b>
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve. “Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.” About the Fed, U.S. Federal Reserve, 2016, www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed.htm.
- James, McBride, and Sergie Aly Mohammed. “The Role of the U.S. Federal Reserve.” Council on Foreign Relations, Council on Foreign Relations, 2 Feb. 2018, www.cfr.org/backgrounder/role-us-federal-reserve.
- US Department of Commerce, and Bureau of Economic Analysis. “Bureau of Economic Analysis.” U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA), US Department of Commerce, www.bea.gov/index.htm.
- Golumbia, David. “The Politics of Bitcoin: Software as Right-Wing Extremism.” Forerunners: Ideas First.
Information on the Bank of England:
- Elliot, Larry and Jill Treanor. “Inside the Bank of England.” The Guardian, Guardian News and Media, 10 Nov. 2015. <https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/nov/10/inside-bank-of-england>
- “Monetary Policy.” The Bank of England, Bank of England, 22 Mar. 2018, www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy.
Information on National and Central Banks Around the World:
- Selgin, George. “Central Banks as Sources of Financial Instability.” The Independent Review, 2010.
- Cama, Giampero, and Giovan Battista. “Central Banks and Democracy.” Rivista Internazionale Di Scienze Sociali, 1999.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2009. “The Mechanics of Central Bank Intervention in Foreign Exchange Markets,” Working Papers 09-02, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics
- Desan, Christine. Making Money: Coin, Currency, and the Coming of Capitalism
- “Monetary Policy and Central Banking.” IMF, International Montary Fund, 3 Nov. 2017, www.imf.org/en/About/Factsheets/Sheets/2016/08/01/16/20/Monetary-Policy-and-Central-Banking.
- “What Is Quantitative Easing?” The Economist, The Economist Newspaper, 9 Mar. 2015, www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/03/economist-explains-5